Dear brothers and sisters, this has always been a wicked world controlled by Satan, a world in opposition to Jesus Christ, God’s Word, and His saints. The wickedness that we see emanating from our federal government is just a manifestation of Satan’s hatred against God, His Son, His Word, and His people. Barak Obama and his incessant promotion of perversion is nothing new. Many times throughout the history of the world, that which is perverse has gained the ascendancy and prevailed for a time. Ultimately, we know that Jesus Christ will return in glory, to judge this wicked world and establish His kingdom of righteousness.
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. 1 John 5:19
(2) Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: (3) Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Ephesians 2:2-3
And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence come thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. Job 1:7
And the devil, taking Him up into an high mountain, shewed unto Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. (6) And the devil said unto Him, All this power will I give Thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. (7) If Thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be Thine. Luke 4:5-7
And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, (8) And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. (9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Revelation 12:7-9
The darkness will always be threatening the things that we love; our church, our homes, our nation, our lives. We can find solace and comfort in God’s Good Word that He is for us, and though we may be beleaguered and persecuted by sinners in this sin cursed world, our wonderful Savior Jesus Christ experienced the same trials while He walked this earth.
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: (7) Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. (8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: (9) Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. (10) But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you. (11) To Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11
For consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. (4) Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:3-4
His death upon the cross, dying for our sins, and His resurrection from the dead has made it possible for sinners to be reconciled to Him. If we want to see our churches, our homes, our nation, and our very lives transformed, then we must repent of our sin, place our faith in Jesus Christ, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, share the wonderful truth of His gospel with as many as we can. My beloved brothers and sisters this is the only hope for this world lost in sin, wickedness and death, deceived by the devil, loving that deception.
(9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
(13) At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. (14) And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecute thou Me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. (15) And I said, Who art Thou, Lord? And He said, I am Jesus Whom thou persecute. (16) But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; (17) Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, (18) To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me. (19) Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: (20) But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance. Acts 26:13-20
(16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:16-17
(1) Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; (2) By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. (3) For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; (4) And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (5) And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 1 Corinthians 15:1-5
Please remember in our fight against the wiles of the enemy God has given us specific weaponry so we can stand victorious in our battle against the lies of the enemy and see God do His mighty work of salvation and deliverance from the kingdom of Satan for sinners who repent from their sin and believe the gospel.
(10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. (11) Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (13) Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. (14) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; (15) And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; (16) Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. (17) And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: (18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:10-18
Lord Jesus Christ You have faithfully equipped us to live for Your glory in this wicked world under the power of the enemy. May we faithfully rely upon You, Your Holy Spirit, and Your truth as we live for You and Your glory. Amen!